Tuesday 12 March 2013

OUGD402 - Study Task 8: If you were a...

In order to be successful within the industry it is important that we begin to think of ourselves as a commodity. It is essential that we see ourselves as part of a collective as well as an individual. This task enables us to start thinking about ourselves in this way.

If you were a...


If you were a book what would your subject be and who would read you?
If I was a book I would be 'The Power' by Rhonda Byrne. The book is about maintaining a positive mental attitude towards every situation life throws at us. I would be aimed at people who are going through testing times and need reassurance that they will become a stronger person by getting through situations rather than breaking down.

I chose this book because I feel as though it is extremely fitting to me. I find that most of the time I try and take on board what the book advises people to do and I consciously try to pass on positivity to other people who are struggling. Whether it be about design or life in general, it is always important to maintain a positive attitude as this is how people succeed to become stronger characters.


If you were a package what would you contain and who would open you?
If I was a package I would be a fine leather case to hold an exquisite, limited edition pen inside. I would be used by those who could appreciate the importance of writing a diary or documenting what they want to achieve in the form of a list. I feel it is extremely important to stay organised and enjoy feeling organised which is why this would be the perfect possession for those who care about being punctual and documenting memories.

 


If you were a shop what would you sell and who would buy it?
If I was a shop I would be The White Company. I would sell something for every member of the family as well as the home. Someone with sophisticated taste would purchase from me and I would promote simplicity as well as class.

 
Source

If you were a poster what would you promote and to whom?
If I was a poster I would encourage people to work hard and achieve their dreams. I would be aimed at the general public and would be easy to understand by everyone to enable me to reach a wide audience. I feel that it is important to remember what influences the decisions we make and why we are where we are each day. This can help us to realise and understand who we are as individuals and what we want to achieve in life.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Source

If you were a brand what would your values be and why would they be important?
If I was a brand I would be known for being sophisticated, international, statemental and inspiring. My values would be increasingly more important to the general public as I grow in the public eye. They would represent me as a brand and a company as well as an individual or as the designer behind the logo or branding itself. I feel that a lot of the time a person's personality can shine through their work and become apparent within their designs. To become noticed and recognised for your individual signature I think it is important to develop a certain way of working.

 

If you were an exhibition what would you show and where would you show it?
If I was an exhibition I would exhibit my personal collection of statement jewellery, it would be located in an affluent area of London and I would also design all of the promotional work for it, such as flyers, adverts for the newspaper, business cards, a website and anything else necessary. I would love to start making my own jewellery as a hobbie when I have become established as a graphic designer. I think it is important to have other interests in different fields and would ideally love to one day tie two of my strongest interests together.

Pinned Image
 

If you were a leaflet what information would you contain and who would read it?

If I was a leaflet I would promote bridal wear, as I have always loved feminine, beautiful and stylish clothing, which I think links closely to popular bridal dresses and accessories. I used to love the idea of being a wedding planner too, as I love being organised. This would therefore be another way of expressing my interests through design. My audience would be lovers of designer wear, such as Phillipa Lepley's collection below. I also love the use of photography and composition of text.
Source
If you were a sign what would you show, to whom and where?
I believe very strongly in maintaining a healthy lifestyle to ensure that I can enjoy myself and know that I am looking after myself well. I would therefore be a no smoking sign which would be aimed at all ages, to get the message across that it is important to look after yourself and not cause damage to your body unnecessarily.




 

If you were an App what would you do and who would use you?
If I was an app I would be a finance app to enable people to organise their money. I feel it is of great importance in day to day life to be able to manage your money well and work hard to try and save as much as possible. I would be available to use for anyone who needed help with managing their money, starting at an early age perhaps, although probably more likely to be used by business class people.
 

If you were a blog, what would you be about and who would follow you?
If I was a blog I would be a travel blog and I would post all of the work I had created during my time travelling the world. I would write about how different cultures had influenced my work and comment on the people/artists I have met along the way. I would be an inspiring blog aimed at those who hope to one day travel whilst maintaining a career at the same time. 

 
 
If you were an event, what would it be and how would you promote it?

If I was an event I would be the grand opening of somewhere such as Claridge's Hotel in London. I would promote it through designing flyers and other promotional materials which would be distributed to the surrounding areas. I feel as though this kind of work would be something I would be very interested in once I graduate. I like to think that my work is currently quite sophisticated and classy and I feel that it would suit somewhere like this.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment