Wednesday 18 December 2013

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 1: A Design Strategy (Louis Vuitton Collaboration)

On the 6th November I worked with a third year fashion student, modelling her dress she had made for a live brief for Louis Vuitton. The brief was to create something which resembled 'I Am Luxury' and so Gabrielle who I worked with, came up with a really unique idea and played on the fact that she perceives Louis Vuitton as being quite a materialistic brand, and therefore wanted to create something to represent this. Gabrielle created a dress which was made out of a clear plastic material and was sprayed gold from the inside. This was to portray the idea that what is on the inside matters the most. I really loved this concept when I initially went to meet up with her about working with her, as it is quite deep and thoughtful, and I feel as though I work in a very similar way.

On the day, we took all of the equipment to the Louis Vuitton store in Leeds and set everything up in a room upstairs. We then had a half hour slot to take as many photos as possible. The work was then handed in and judged and Gabrielle's work was chosen to be exhibited in the Louis Vuitton store for a week. I went along with one of my friends to the opening night and it was great to see what everyone had produced.

When I visited the LCA end of year exhibition, I absolutely loved all of the garments and all of the branding, and knew straight away that this is something I would be interested in getting involved with. 
I am therefore really pleased I was given this opportunity, as I will now have another connection in the future, if Gabrielle or anyone else involved needs any Graphic Design work doing for them. Below is the video which was played as a part of the exhibition.



No comments:

Post a Comment