Saturday 9 November 2013

OUGD502 - PPP2: Studio Brief 1: A Design Strategy (Contact Task and Good/Bad List)

Write a list of as many different methods you can employ to contact creatives, studios or agencies.
  • Send a voice recording along side a CV to add a more personal touch
  • Write a letter using quality paper
  • Package a letter in a unique way so they can unfold the package to reveal more information about me
  • Create a twitter account which showcases my work alone and give the studio a link to my account
  • Send the recipient a video of me speaking so that they can hear my voice - a more personal and interactive way of speaking, better than a telephone call
  • A QR code which could link the recipient to Skype so that you could speak to each other in person
  • Send them a package in the shape of a light bulb and say 'inside contains a bright new spark' the package could then be reused as a lamp shade (eco friendly)

What 'floats your boat'?

I have decided to answer this question as well to give myself a chance to reflect on all of the other things I need to make sure that I am making time for.
  • Travelling
  • Meeting new people
  • Philosophy
  • Interactive design (start looking further than packaging design for more inspiration)
  • Fashion
Get someone to write a list of your good and bad qualities.

Feedback from Ellen:


Bad
  • Attracted to using cream and black and neutral tones a lot (this colour palette could be extended)
  • I gravitate towards high end brands who are ethically driven (one day I may have to work for a brand without a strong ethical production line)
  • Could do with carrying out more primary research in terms of talking to people
Good
  • Think very deeply in to a brief and therefore very specifically focused on a target audience
  • Consistent level of work no matter what the brief entails
  • Choose to work not just 2D but 3D as well (balance of the two)
  • Starting to use a mixture of processes giving versatility
  • Sustainable and reuse within design
I found this exercise was really helpful to me because it made a few things apparent to me where my design development is concerned. I am going to make sure that during my print and web briefs as well as my responsive briefs that I try and experiment further with using colour and continue to carry out more varied primary research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment