Friday 19 April 2013

OUGD406 - Speaking From Experience: Crit

During today's crit we were put in groups and we were asked to present where we were up to with our work. My group was at 11.15 and there was quite a lot of us as many students were working in pairs. I found that it was a really interesting and helpful crit, everyone made valid comments and decisions were made concerning everyone's work.

I was given positive feedback and people considered the practicalities of mine, looking at the importance of being able to produce recipe cards which wouldn't get dirty and would be easy to use, as well as looking at what would be most manageable for the students.

The suggestions were as follows:
  • A poster to use while cooking
  • A shopping list of ingredients included for each recipe
  • Laminate the cards
  • Create placemats
Everyone also liked the idea of me including stickers within my work too, which students could use for tupperware and any food in the fridge. Another element everyone liked was the idea of supplying a tea towel with my own design printed on to it.

I therefore think I may reconsider my idea quite a lot and look at developing my idea of making some sort of calendar possibly with separate stickers supplied for students to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment